At Lively, we are committed to compliance with privacy laws that apply to our services and activities in connection with the mylively.com website (“Site”). We recognize that the trust of our customers and visitors requires vigilant, responsible privacy protections.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Our activity-sharing system generates, collects and maintains several types of information about user activity, including the following:
- Raw signal data is received by sensors and recorded by the system, and we maintain records of this data
- Events are inferred from this raw data, and we maintain records of these events
- Alerts are triggered by specific user-defined criteria and system-learned criteria, and we maintain records of these criteria
- Alerts are sent to your account or social network based on alert triggers, and we maintain records of these alerts
- "Face status" changes are displayed to you in your online or app dashboard based on alert triggers, and we maintain records of these changes
We collect Personal Information whenever you order a product or service, make changes to your account, download or use our apps, register for an online account, participate in an online training class, subscribe to a newsletter, request information, or participate in a survey, sweepstakes or contest. If you use our apps, we may also collect information about your mobile device.
The purpose of collecting and storing Personal Information is to enable us to provide you and your users with our services, create personal profiles, enable viewing of protected or personalized information, improve our products, services and apps, create a better user experience, provide feedback and support, measure and analyze our visitor traffic and app usage, and/or review information received in order to consider you for employment opportunities.
We may share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Lively in the following circumstances:
- With your consent: We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Lively when we have your consent to do so.
- To vendors and service providers who help provide our services: We provide Personal Information to trusted businesses or persons to help provide our services to you. For example, we use third parties to host our Site and apps, to track and analyze visitor traffic, process and store Personal Information, send communications on our behalf such as email newsletters, process credit card payments and billing information, prepare and send LivelyGrams, enable our services to easily upload photos and content for LivelyGrams, integrate your interface and account access with Facebook, and for other purposes based on our instructions. We provide these third parties with Personal Information as necessary to enable them to provide these services.
- For legal reasons: We may share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Lively if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- enforce our Site Terms of Service, Subscription Agreement or other contract or requirement of our services, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Lively, our visitors, users or employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like manufacturers, licensees, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Site, products, services and apps. We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and to share such information with third parties for any and all legal purposes.
2. Information Security
We work hard to protect Lively and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical, managerial and contractual measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to Lively employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
3. Changing or Deleting Personal Information
If you want to inquire about, delete or change any Personal Information or if you no longer wish to receive emails or materials from us, please contact us at email@example.com. If your account has been terminated and you wish to delete any residual Personal Information we have in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to maintain an archival copy of account information for financial and legal purposes, but will otherwise remove such Personal Information in response to you your request.
4. Information Resources
5. Cookies, Web Beacons and Web Logs
Web Beacons: We and third-party advertisers may use web beacons in connection with our Site. Some of our Site pages contain web beacons in the form of clear .gif files, which are electronic images that allow for the collection of information about your interactions on our Site. Web beacons may be used to place advertisements, to understand Site traffic patterns and the number of visitors to our Site, and to measure the effectiveness of advertisements or email messages.
Web Logs: Standard web logs are used for collecting files accessed, date and time of access, and IP address of the computer accessing the information.
6. Children and Parents
Our products, services, Site and apps are directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. No one under 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information or use our Site, apps, online store or forums. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardians(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on this Site or our apps.
When we process Personal Information in the United States, we follow United States data protection and privacy regulations, which may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you are using our Site, services or apps from a country other than the United States (where our servers are currently located), various communications will necessarily result in a transfer of information across international boundaries. Accordingly, by using our Site, services or apps, you consent to the transfer, storage and use of your data to and in the United States.
8. Effective Date of Policy
VERSION DATE: 20130107